With the new “Balanced School year” here in Washoe County this year, many of my young school age friends are having more than a tough time finding employment this summer. I mean really, who wants to hire a person to train them for 6 weeks just to have them leave again. Enter the new generation of self employed, self motivated and self starters to find the answer.
I would like to introduce a friend of mine that is one of the brightest, smart, young entrepreneurs in the beauty industry. She has a passion for makeup and specializes in Bridal Looks and Makeovers. Heidi is heading off to beauty school this fall after graduating from Galena High a couple of weeks ago. But she is not waiting till fall to get a jump on the career path she has chosen. She has signed up as an independent beauty consultant with Mary Kay for her summer job.
I thought is would be interesting this week to hear from one of the beauty industries “up and coming” to see what Heidi’s best tips would be on how to stay beautiful and keep it cool this summer. Here’s what she has to offer.
- Self tanner! We should all be minimizing our exposure to the sun. But if you are going to hang out at Tahoe this summer you need some color. Just remember to exfoliate before, to avoid streaks.
- Mary Kay carries this great set of products called Satin Hands. This includes a hand softener, a smoothing scrub, (which works great to scrub the self tanner off your hands after applying) and a hand lotion that moisturizers for 24 hours and will last through up to three washes! You can use these products on your feet for great summer feet! But I do suggest getting a pumice bar to scrub at your heels also.
- UV protection for your hair. No, your hair cannot get sun burnt but the sun can fade hair color and dry it out. Bumble and Bumble makes a UV hair primer for $24. You also want to use this to avoid burning your scalp.
- Are you trying to grow your hair? I sure am! Here are a few things I do to help hair growth. Massage your scalp for at least a minute a day (I do this in the shower). Minimize heat damage by simply not using heat stylers as often and using heat protectant when you do.
- Now that we are all wearing shorts, we tend to shave our legs more often. Using baby oil gel as your shaving “cream” allows for your razor to last longer and it helps moisturize your legs at the same time!
- Typically your makeup is more minimalist in the summer so one of the best assets to play up is a beautiful full lip. I have a line of lip sticks called True Dimensions. I think this line is a grab because it is an anti-aging lip stick! The lip stick contains ingredients to help boost collagen in your lips which makes them look fuller. And they come in 20 different shades!
- Did you know that layering a scented lotion over a matching scent perfume intensifies the scent and it will last twice as long? This is helpful when you are out in the sun breaking a sweat.Do you have some great summer tips you would like to share?
We would love to hear them!
Please post a comment below.
Share with your friends! Sharing is caring!! 😉
Heidi Hunter is an independent Beauty Consultant for Mary Kay that lives here in Reno. She is passionate about her new up and coming career and excited to help others discover their ideal beauty experience. You can also see contact Heidi on her business Facebook page here.
You can shop Heidi’s Mary Kay page here.
Thanks for stopping by the blog!
See you next week!
My studio is inside a beautiful Salon/Spa called
Haven Salon Studios
We are located at 9110 Double Diamond Parkway
Suite A. Reno, NV 89521
Haven Salon Studios 775-683-9100 ext.1
Call/Text directly at 775-722-0004
Studio M Reviews
Haven Salon Studio Reveiws
Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself!