Hands in particular are exposed and at risk for dry, chaffing, irritation and sometimes cracking skin during this cold season. We are washing them more than usual to ward off cold and flu germs. We are drinking less water, which is what our skin, hair and nails need the most. And your oil glands typically excrete less oil during these cold month. All of this leads to dry brittle nails and cracked, dry cuticles. Here are a few tips to help get your fingers off the DOA list.
- Drink more fluids! It is difficult when it is cold outside to want to be drinking all that cold water. How about switching it up with some nice herbal tea? Sam bought me some of this wonderful tasting white tea that I am loving right now. Highly recommend it! Even a cup of warm water with lemon is a nice soothing way to get more moisture into that skin. Whatever your taste is just try to pump up the fluids at this time of year.
- Use a gentle cleanser for all that hand washing. Glycerin soaps are know for their moisturizing qualities. Try to cut back on the antibacterial, harsh soaps. I found this one while searching online the other day that is infused with vitamin E and has an aloe base. And it is orange scent to boot! All things Christmasy! In my shopping cart it goes!
- Use lots of lotion. Keep it in your purse, your car, your gym bag. My favorite at this time of year is the Hemp Originals. In stock now for stocking stuffers in my studio and in the front at Haven. These sweet little gems make great stocking stuffers!
- Get a manicure. Have a professional take a look at your patties and give their professional opinion. Besides the benefit of getting your cuticles trimmed, so as not to catch and snag the dry corners on clothing it, many are offering hot oil treatments for free with a mani at this time of the year.
- Aloe infused gloves are a great option for extremely dry hands and feet. Just apply a thick coat of lotion or body butter to your hands and then slip on the gloves. Even if you end only wearing them half the night your skin with have the chance to soak in the wonderful emollients from the gloves and the butter and your will find that your hands will be much happier and much more youthful looking.
My studio is inside a beautiful Salon/Spa called
Haven Salon Studios
We are located at 9110 Double Diamond Parkway
Suite A. Reno, NV 89521
Haven Salon Studios 775-683-9100 ext.1
Call/Text directly at 775-722-0004
Studio M Reviews
Haven Salon Studio Reveiws
Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself!