Getting ready to travel a bit? I had a question posed to me a couple of days ago about why a client’s hair reacted differently when she was traveling. “It never looks like it does when I am at home styling?” Here are a few quick tips I suggested she try:
- Humidity is a huge factor, especially for us Reno girls, we live in a dry climate and then you travel to a humid one your hair is going to be in hydration heaven! It will be soaking up all the wonderful moisture, making your hair either really big or really flat depending on your hair type.
- Showers in hotels are going to be primarily on a soft water system. If at home you have hard water the minerals that are in that can make your hair get a build up. Soft water is pH balanced and can rid your hair of buildup which can make your hair soft and limp.
- Be aware of the sand and salt if you are traveling to a beach destination that your hair and skin are not used to. Salt is very drying, even if you are not in the water, the ocean air is full of salt! Using a leave-in conditioner, like this one, can very helpful as well as a UV protectant product to protect that expense color you just had touched up for the trip! I love this one by Schwarzkopf Professional!
- Don’t use the shampoo and conditioners in the hotels. They are typically inexpensive and watered down. Your hair is going to be in shock going from your nice luxury brand shampoo to something that has the pH level of a eucalyptus plant. BTW~ (Eucalyptus pH is between 6-8, Hair pH is between 4.5-5.5) Pack small containers of your good stuff from home.
- Hair may also react differently simply because we are out of our normal morning ritual and not taking the time and attention for our beauty regime as we do at home. So little time to see the sites can make us rush a bit and forget a step or two in order the maximize our day out sightseeing. For best results make sure to pack all the leave in products you use at home.
Hope you have a beautiful day.
Thank you for visiting the Biggest Little Blog!