Last month I was able to make it to two large hair conventions, the Cosmoprof’s Spring Style show in San Jose and Schwarzkopf’s All in Summit in Marina Del Ray so I thought I would share what I see trending for Summer hair for 2018!
- Women. The boho trend is running super strong through summer as well as fun festive color in women’s hair. Braids are huge as are extensions. We saw many manufacturers coming out with fashion color in shampoo and conditioner form so the fun colors that typically fade fast could be maintained longer. This one was my favorite at the show it is a customizable conditioning cleanser. Super cool!
- Men. At the show, we saw a ton of very tight fades with the longer hair on top pompadour style with more tailored facial hair. Very neat lines for beard grooming and hairlines.
- Color. We will still be seeing more of the balayage and ombré of but instead of just being dark to blonde it will be using more colors with that technique. We saw a lot of the fashion colors and for a more conservative client, Rose Gold and Dusted Rouge are the strong ones I see trending on into summer.
- Summer hairstyles. Messy buns such as the one in the link above are my favorites and again braids are all the rage again this summer.
- Clothing. Anthing crocheted or from the 60’s is what most of the models were wearing. What is old is new again!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!
See you next time!